Radiation Oncology Coder Product Manager
Radformation specializes in Radiation Oncology workflow automation. Our solutions save clinics time, eliminate planning errors, and enable them to design the optimal treatment for their patients.
Radformation is seeking a self-motivated radiation oncology coding expert to join an innovative team as a product manager. As we set out to scale, the radiation oncology coder will serve as a critical team member charged with understanding how to accurately code Radiation Oncology based procedures and professional fee coding of diagnosis and procedures, charge review, E/M assignment and charge router. Translate these coding rules into features and specifications for our charge capture quality assurance software and work with the engineering team to implement and make sure the end user requirements are met. This role is ideal for someone who is interested in impacting cancer patients throughout the country.
- Individuals in this role may code Radiation Oncology, and/or professional fee to include evaluation and management (E/M) coding. For professional fee coding, individuals in this role will be proficient for inpatient and outpatient, for Radiation Oncology. The candidate utilizes the International Classification of Disease (ICD-10CM. ICD-10-PCS) and Physicians Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) coding systems and other coding references to ensure accurate coding. Comprehensive knowledge of healthcare access management, billing, and collection principles.
- Translate user requirements into specifications for the engineering team.
- Software life cycle management.
- Demonstrated knowledge of medical billing, CPT/ICD10 coding, financial reporting and management, with a thorough knowledge of the collection process.
- Experience supervising and/or training other staff on Radiation Coding.
- Maintain best practices for all areas of the revenue cycle.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state and local legal requirements by researching existing and new legislation, consulting with outside and advisors. Advises management of actions and potential risks.
- Ideal candidates will be proficient in Radiation Oncology coding and possess a sound knowledge of medical coding rules, regulations, and compliance utilizing ICD 9 or ICD 10. Ideal candidates will also possess strong knowledge of anatomy, physiology, and medical terminology as well as working knowledge of insurance processes and reconciliation regarding the denial process.
- Well versed in compliance regulations.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Able to adapt to changes in the work environment and manage competing demands.
- Radiation Oncology experience is required.
- 7 years experience in Healthcare Revenue Cycle Management.
- Professional coding certification preferred (ROCC).
- Compliance certification is a plus.
- Outstanding organizational and leadership skills.
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving.
- Hold independent judgment and analytical skills to be able to provide sound recommendations.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment with a 'can do' attitude in approaching challenges.
- Understanding the radiation oncology department workflow and how the members of the team work together.
- Radiation Oncology CPT Coding: 5 years
- Healthcare experience is a plus
- Professional coding certification preferred (ROCC)
- Experience with product management and Jira
- Competitive salary
- Immediate Health/Vision/Dental insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Stock options
- A dynamic, ambitious, and fun work environment
For more information or to apply please contact us at email@example.com